MULTIMEDIA ARTS DESIGN AND PRODUCTION 1
Credit & Contact Hours 3 units, 3 hours per week
Prerequisites MSCIETY, MMBIZ1, VIDPRD3, 3DANIM3, AUTHOR2, WEBDEV2
Prerequisites to MMPROJ2, MMPRFOL, EXHIBIT
Type of Course Major
MMPROJ1 is the second course in a series of three designed to enable the student to produce a culminating Multimedia project. It guides the student in focusing and developing his/her proposed topic into a viable Multimedia project. The course includes the approval of the project proposal, the sharpening of the project focus, the preparation of the design document and the application of the effective project management tools to strengthen the project viability. This courses the actual production of the project elements, which is guided and monitored to ensure the feasibility of project compilation and the viability of the product itself. The student is expected to complete 70% of project production by the end of the term.
At the end of this course the student is expected o manifest the following as per Blooms Taxonomy
- Knowledge To identify the various stages of a Multimedia Project
- Comprehension To understand and differentiate various communication and multimedia theories
- Application To apply (a particular) theory (or set of theories) in conceptualizing the Multimedia Project
- Analysis To explore the various communication tools available and create original and sound concepts to deliver unique thought provoking, marketable and competitive multimedia products
- Synthesis to fully integrate synthesize concepts and ideas with technical skills during pre-production.
- Evaluation To appreciate one’s work on industry standards (aesthetically and objectively) in the exercise of critical thinking.